Fees, Payments and Refunds
What do fees include?
What do fees cover when participating in a Tom Dwyer Photography Tour/Workshop?
- Unless otherwise noted, fees typically cover everything except transportation, any fees required for park entry, lodging, and meals. That means any entry other fees (to a museum, for example), all one-on-one instruction, and any classroom-style presentations. On occasion I’m able to negotiate better pricing for lodging and or meals if they are part of a package. So, it’s important to carefully review information for specific workshops.
- Transportation: Getting to our initial rendezvous point is the individual participant’s responsibility. This will typically be our lodging location as well. Due to insurance requirements, I can no longer transport participants in my personal vehicle. Therefore, carpooling among participants is the preferred method of transportation to shooting venues. Often there is limited parking at photo venues. Carpoolers are encouraged to chip-in to cover the fuel costs of the driver.
- A non-refundable deposit equal to 25% of the total tour/workshop fee is payable upon registration.
- An additional 25% is payable not-later-than 60 days prior to the scheduled tour/workshop.
- The balance is payable not-later-than 30 days prior to the scheduled tour/workshop.
- Registrations made 60 or fewer days prior to a scheduled tour/workshop are expected to be paid-in-full at the time of registration.
- On many of the longer workshops/tours and an “early bird discount” is offered. Be sure to look for this in the respective workshop information.
Payments will be accepted via cash, check, or Paypal (on-line). Payment are due according to the schedule noted above.
When necessary refunds will be made as follows:
- In the unlikely event that I have to cancel your photo tour/workshop for any reason, a full refund of any payments received will be made to all participants, or the participant(s) may elect to have any amount paid credited to a future tour/workshop.
- A refund, less a 25% cancellation fee, will be made for cancellations by registrants, that are received at least 60 days prior to your photo tour/workshop start date. Such cancellations must be made in writing. E-mail is fine, but don’t take it for granted your e-mail notice of cancellation has been received until you receive a response from me. The date the written cancellation is received via e-mail or postmarked in the case of a mailed cancellation will determine the cancellation date.
- No refunds should be expected for cancellations 59 or fewer days prior to photo workshop start date, unless:
- A replacement participant can be found,
- A bonafide and documented medical concern necessitates cancellation,
- In both cases, the participant may apply any amount paid to a future Tom Dwyer tour/workshop.
Potential tour/workshop cancellation:
It’s really unusual for one of my tours/workshops to be canceled. In the unlikely event that I need to cancel a scheduled event, a total refund of any payments already received will be made within 30 days. Registered participants may opt to have any payments applied to another scheduled workshop.
Multi-day tours/workshops of more than two days may be canceled if a minimum of
three participants have not confirmed by the registration deadline.