Fees, Payments and Refunds
What do fees include?
What do fees cover when participating in a Tom Dwyer Photo Tour/Workshop?
- Unless otherwise noted, fees typically cover everything except transportation, lodging and meals. That means any entry fees (to a park or museum, for example), all one-on-one instruction, and any classroom-style presentations. On occasion I’m able to negotiate better pricing for lodging and or meal if they are part of a package. So, it’s important to carefully review information for specific tours/workshops.
- Transportation: Getting to our initial rendezvous point is the participant’s responsibility. This will typically be our lodging location. Due to insurance requirements, I can no longer transport participants in my vehicle. Therefore, carpooling among participants is the preferred method of transportation to tour venues because often there is limited parking at our photo venues. Carpoolers are encouraged to chip-in to cover the fuel costs of the driver.
- A non-refundable deposit equal to 25% of the total tour/workshop fee is payable upon registration.
- An additional 25% is payable not-later-than 60 days prior to the scheduled tour/workshop.
- The balance is payable not-later-than 30 days prior to the scheduled tour/workshop.
Payments will be accepted via cash, check, Paypal (on-line) or most bank edit cards. Payment are due according to the schedule noted above.
Please note: Charges will appear on your credit card statement under the name of our parent company, “PINNACLE PUBLICATIONS LLC.”
When necessary refunds will be made as follows:
- In the unlikely event that I have to cancel your photo tour/workshop for any reason, a full refund of any payments received will be made to all participants, or the participant(s) may elect to have any amount paid credited to a future tour/workshop.
- A refund, less a 25% cancellation fee, will be made for cancellations by registrants, that are received at least 60 days prior to your photo tour/workshop start date. Such cancellations must be made in writing. E-mail is fine, but don’t take it for granted your e-mail notice of cancellation has been received until you receive a response from me. The date the written cancellation is received via e-mail or postmarked in the case of a mailed cancellation, will determine the cancellation date.
- No refunds should be expected for cancellations 59 or fewer days prior to photo workshop start date, unless:
- A replacement participant can be found (in the case of a full workshop),
- A bonafide and documented medical concern necessitates cancellation,
- In both cases the participant may apply any amount paid to a future Tom Dwyer tour/workshop.