Every time it snows I get a little more excited about the upcoming First Annual Adirondack High Peaks Winter Photography Event Jan. 30 to Feb. 3, 2019. Recently, I made a run up to the High Peaks region to coordinate catering for this event (you better be hungry) and I got to enjoy some great winter landscapes.
Since the dates we’ve scheduled are historically among the snowiest days of the High Peaks winter (no guarantees, of course), but everyone should really be looking forward to some great photography.
While I was in the Keene area I had to the opportunity to get together with two of our guest speakers, R.L. and Karen Stolz. Besides a wonderful dinner set out by Karen, I also had the privilege of making a visit to their new gallery. Their photography is mind-blowing and based on our evening together I’m getting excited for everyone who will join us for this event because we’re in for a real treat when the Stolz’s speak. Check out some of their photography at Vertical Perspectives Photography.
I’ve known and had the pleasure of working with our other guest speaker, Chris Murray, so I know we have a double-barreled few days coming up all about photography. Chris says, “Winter is arguably the least photographed of the four seasons. The short days and often harsh conditions tend to drive all but the most passionate photographer indoors. Yet, the potential rewards that await those who venture out to capture the season are too great to miss.” You can check out some of Chris’ photography at www.Chris Murray Photography.com.
With Chris Murray discussing the many benefits of winter photography, both creative and experiential, that are unique to the season, and R.L & Karen sharing their adventure photography perspectives you won’t want to miss this opportunity.
Add to this the Olympic Venue Passports that I’ll have for everyone and we are guaranteed great photo ops.
It gets better . . .
It’s all happening Jan 30 – Feb 3, 2019.
Here’s what’s included
- Lodging at the ADK Trails Inn, Upper Jay, NY
- All meals included.
- Olympic venue passes for each of us so we can visit and photograph these famous sites including Whiteface Mountain, the speed skating rink, the Luge and bobsled tracks, the biathlon course, and the towering ski jumps. Your pass is good for one visit to each Olympic venue and you have until April to use it.
- Guest speakers/photographers – Professional Landscape photographer Chris Murray as well as Adventure
Photographers R.L. & Karen Stolz whose work we all will appreciate.
- A presentation by yours truly titled Seeing With the Eyes of an Artist.
- A presentation on Night Photography.
- “Fireside” chats and/or image sharing, And, Lots of exciting winter photography.
Snowshoes and/or X-Country skis are in order if you want.