Gallery 54 Photo Expo Focuses on Central NY
Gallery 54 in Skaneateles, NY is pleased to announce that “call for entries” has gone out for the 2017 CNY Photo Expo to be held in November 2017 featuring Central New York photographers and their images of Central New York.
“Last year’s initial Photo Expo was a resounding success,” noted Gallery 54 photo artist Tom Dwyer. “So, we’ve decided to bring it back bigger and better than ever. The November schedule gives Central New York photographers the opportunity to take advantage of the spring, summer and early fall seasons to capture new images for entry if they choose,” he adds.
There are several exciting new aspects to this year’s show, each designed to focus attention on Central New York photography. The two most important requirements are that photographs entered must be the work of a photographer who resides in Central New York State (generally Cayuga, Seneca, Cortland, Chenango, Onondaga, Oswego, Oneida, Madison & Tompkins counties) and the subject must likewise be in the general CNY area.
This year’s Photo Expo will be judged by three respected Central New York photographers. A cash grand prize of $150, as well as first, second and third place cash prizes of $100, $75 and $50 respectively will be awarded.
A total of 16 winning entries will be exhibited at Gallery 54 for the month of November and made available for purchase by visitors to the gallery. The show opening is scheduled for the First Friday of November, November 3.
The deadline for entry is September 15, 2017.
G54 Photo Expo Details
Who is eligible to enter: Any photographer residing in the greater Central New York region in 2017 is eligible to enter the 2017 CNY Photo Expo.
Photo subjects: All photos entered must be taken in the greater Central New York region of subjects found in the region (Greater CNY region is defined as Onondaga, Oswego, Cayuga, Seneca, Madison, Oneida, Cortland, Chenango and Tomplins Counties). All photos must have been taken between September 16, 2015 and September 15, 2017. Gallery 54 reserves the right to reject any photograph it deems, at its sole discretion, to be inappropriate for viewers of all ages. No photography deemed by Gallery 54 to constitute a political statement of any kind will be accepted. Decisions of the gallery and/or the judges are final and not open to appeal.
Entry deadline: Submissions to the 2017 CNY Photo Expo will be accepted until midnight, September 15, 2017
How to submit entries: All entries must be submitted electronically to: www.Gallery54CNY.com by clicking on the 2017 CNY Photo Expo link and completing the upload process by midnight September 15, 2017. Submissions must be in the following format:
- 1,200 pixels on the long side
- JPEG format
- Not larger than 2 mb
- Each entry must be titled with the photographers first initial & last name and the title of the image (i.e.: j-doe-waterfall.jpg)
- Submission will also require the photographer’s mailing address (physical address not PO box), e-mail address and telephone number.
Entry Fee: The entry fee is $5 per photo. Enter 5 photos and get a 6th entry free (six photos for $25). All fees are non-refundable after submission.
Image ownership: Entrant affirms that image(s) entered were captured by the entrant within one year of the entry deadline (not before September 15, 2016). Entrant retains all rights to image(s) entered by the entrant. By entry entrant grants Gallery 54 rights to publish the image as part of any efforts to promote this or future Gallery 54 CNY Photo Expos.
Delivering selected (winning) images: Photographers whose images are selected for exhibit will need to deliver the printed, matted and framed image(s) to Gallery 54 between October 30 & November 1, between the hours of 11 am and 4 pm. See Printing, matting and framing specifications below.
- All mats must be white, alphamat
- All frames must be simple black frames
- Hanging wires attached to the back (now sawtooth hangers)
- Grand Prize matted with no more than a 4″ on any sice and framed to 18” x 24”
- First, second and third prize: Matted with no more than a 3″ mat on any sice and framed to 16” x 20”
- Twelve honorable mention: Matted with nor more than a 2″ mat on any side and framed to 11” x 14”
- St. Laurant Framing in Manlius, NY is offering special pricing for framing to Gallery 54 specs.
- Images will be exhibited at Gallery 54 through November 2017. Images that do not sell must be claimed by the photographer between 11 am to 5 pm on November 29, 2017.
- Photographers who images are selected for the exhibition will determine the sale price for their image(s). Photographers whose images are sold by Gallery 54 will be paid 75% of the selling price (the gallery will keep a 25% commission) within 30 days of the completion of the 2017 CNY Photo Expo.
- Cash prizes will be awarded during the opening reception, November 3, 2017.
Winning entries (Grand Prize, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and up to 12 Honorable Mention) will be notified via e-mail by September 22, 2017. Final printed, matted and framed images must be delivered to Gallery 54, 54 E. Genesee St., Skaneateles, NY 13152, between October 30, 2017 and November 1, 2017 between 11 am and 4 pm each day.
The reception for the 2017 CNY Photo Expo will be held at the gallery from 5 – 8 pm on Friday November 2, 2017. All entrants and their guests are invited to attend and celebrate Central New York photography.