Fees, Payments and Refunds
What do fees include?
I don’t want there to be any surprises for anyone participating in a Tom Dwyer Photography Workshop.
- Unless otherwise noted, workshop fees typically cover everything except transportation, and fees or costs for park entry, lodging, and meals. Any other entry fees (to a museum, for example), all one-on-one instruction, and any classroom-style presentations are included in your workshop fee. On occasion, I’m able to negotiate better pricing for lodging and/or meals if they are part of a package. So, it’s important to carefully review information for specific workshops.
- Transportation: Getting to our initial rendezvous point (and back home, of course) is the individual participant’s responsibility. As an aside, our initial rendezvous point will typically be our primary lodging location as well. Due to insurance requirements, I can no longer transport participants in my personal vehicle. Therefore, with there often being limited parking at photo venues, carpooling among participants is the recommended method of transportation during workshops. Carpoolers are encouraged to chip-in to help cover the fuel costs of drivers.
- A non-refundable deposit equal to 25% of the total workshop fee is payable upon registration.
- A total of 50% is payable not-later-than 60 days prior to the scheduled workshop.
- Any balance is payable not-later-than 30 days prior to the scheduled workshop.
- Registrations made 60 or fewer days prior to a scheduled workshop are expected to be paid-in-full at the time of registration.
PayPal is the preferred method of payment. However, payments will also be accepted via cash or check. Payments are due according to the schedule noted above.
When necessary refunds will be made as follows:
- In the unlikely event that I have to cancel your photo workshop for any reason, a full refund of any payments received will be made to all participants, or the participant(s) may elect to have any amount paid credited to a future workshop.
- A refund, less a 25% cancellation fee, will be made for cancellations by registrants, that are received at least 60 days prior to your photo workshop start date. Such cancellations must be made in writing. E-mail is fine, but don’t take it for granted your e-mail notice of cancellation has been received until you receive a response from me. The date the written cancellation is received via e-mail or postmarked in the case of a mailed cancellation will determine the cancellation date.
- No refunds should be expected for cancellations 59 or fewer days prior to photo workshop start date, unless:
- A replacement participant is found and/or a minimum of eight (8) participants attend the workshop,
- A bonafide and documented medical concern necessitates cancellation,
- In both cases, the participant may apply any amount paid to a future Tom Dwyer tour/workshop.
Potential workshop cancellation:
It’s really unusual for one of my workshops to be canceled. In the unlikely event that I need to cancel a scheduled event, a total refund of any payments already received will be made within 30 days (likely faster). Registered participants may opt to have any payments applied to another scheduled workshop.
NOTICE: Multi-day workshops of more than two days may be canceled if a minimum of
three participants have not confirmed by the registration deadline.