CNY Photo Expo rules explained
I’m happy to report that images are starting to come in for this year’s edition of the CNY Photo Expo, sponsored and hosted by Gallery 54 in Skaneateles, NY. That also means that I get to see how well the instructions for image submission and other information was understood, which is a charitable way for me to queston how well the instructions were written in the first place. It seems that some folks were at least confused by parts of the instructions related to image submission.
So, let me clarify some of the more important points.
- All submitted images must be 1,200 pixels on the long side with a total file size not larger that 2 megapixel.
- Images must be saved in the JPEG format.
- Images must have been captured in the greater Central New York area defined as the counties of Cayuga, Seneca, Cortland, Chenango, Onondaga, Oswego, Oneida, Madison & Tompkins.
- Images need to have been captured between September 16, 2015 and September 15, 2017.
- Each entry must be titled with the photographer’s first initial & last name and the title of the image (i.e.: j-doe-waterfall.jpg)
- The deadline for submission of entries is midnight September 15, 2017.
Special note: photographers with winning images will be expected to print and frame the images for display at Gallery 54, delivering to the gallery per G54 Photo Expo Details.
Photographers interested in submitting images can get more info at www.gallery54cny.com (click “GALLERY 54 PHOTO EXPO Call for Entries! Click here”) in the top left corner of the home page) and on my website at photo contests.