An opportunity to share our passion for nature photography
WOW! Gallery 54 in Skaneateles, NY has just offered us a great opportunity to share our passion and love of nature photography with friends, family and the community at large.
Gallery54, an upscale gallery of fine arts and crafts, is inviting us to exhibit our best landscape/nature photography as the guest artists for May of this year. While no specific numbers have been defined at the moment, we can probably accommodate something in the neighborhood of 12-15 framed (11 x 14) images in the show, along with perhaps three larger framed images. The show will be juried by the owners of the gallery (there are eight of us). The images will be selected from among those shared via this forum as part of our “In Search of an Artist’s Eye” collaboration, which we began just before Christmas.
This opportunity should encourage everyone to get out and capture some great images and hopefully motivate each of us to invite our friends to participate in this collaboration forum. The more we have participating the more we all learn and grow.
All images will be able to be purchased with 75% of the purchase price going to the photographer. Besides those that are framed, additional copies may be provided for sale as prints. Gallery 54 will handle all marketing and promotion. The show will begin with a special opening event the first Friday of May, May 6, and continue through the month of May.
Gallery 54 will handle marketing & promotion of the show. Each participant will be provided with PR releases, photos, etc that are developed by Gallery 54, for use in his/her respective social media posts.
Here are some requirements for participation:
• Images to be juried must be, or have been submitted to/via through “Tom Dwyer’s Nature Photography Forums”.
• April 1st will be a hard & fast deadline for image submissions.
• Photographers whose images are selected for the show will be notified of image selection by April 4
• Upon notification, it will be each photographer’s responsibility to provide the image; printed, framed and ready for hanging. A standard frame
will be identified prior to the April 1 deadline. It will be a frame that is modestly priced and readily available.
• All framed images must be delivered to Gallery 54. A date and time prior to the opening night’s show will be identified as we get closer to the
show date. Upon delivery, each photographer will be required to complete Gallery 54’s standard Guest Artist agreement.
• All images that are not sold, must be picked-up from Gallery 54 on May 30 or 31.
• Payments for any sold images will be made via check within 30 days of the closing of the show.
• While Gallery 54 will make every effort to protect images from damage and/or theft, each participating photographer must agree that he/she will
not/cannot hold the Gallery liable in event of damage or theft.
As we get closer to the show date, particulars on framing/print requirements, delivery dates, etc. will be shared with those participating.